Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 15:14:36 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
Good Day! This is my first note (with the much appreciated help from Kathleen, I am NOT computer literate!) to LACTNET and my introduction. I tried to send this last week--and since both encouragement for what "we" do to help breastfeeding moms as well as my topic of "spoiled" milk was discussed last week, I will send my original note> My name is Shirley Evans I.B.C.L.C., R.N. I have worked, as an R.N., in the field of Maternal-Child Health Care since 1979. I became an I.B.C.L.C. in 1998, after having our first live birth at the age of 45--and realizing that there was more to breastfeeding than knowing "so these are what they are for". After helping mother's breastfeed in ways "we" thought were appropriate at the time, simply knowing "what these are for" was not enough to help my daughter and me. I had the help of a wonderful LC at OSU hospital-high risk-and she enlightened me on some of the hurdles moms need to be aware of and how to jump over them without becoming discouraged, overwhelmed,and giving up in the meantime. My decision to become certified and help mothers BF their babies has made "all the difference in the world"  both personally and professionally regarding my goal of contributing to the  well-being of babies, moms, and families. WE ,my fellow LCs and other supporters of BF, DO make a difference! So, the "one step forward, two steps back" response in dealing with change for the support of BF, IS worth our time and effort!
I just want to comment that after being confronted with a question regarding rancid milk by the neonatologist at the hospital I am employed by, I did a quick search in LACTNET's archives and was able to give him information as well as resources (Lawrence M.D.). I encourage everyone to search for answers to questions that have been discussed in the past and then post questions if the information is not available.....LACTNET has an extensive Archives---THANK-YOU! LACTNET designers and members.

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2