Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:08:44 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
After a few years hiatus, I am teaching breastfeeding classes in a facility. I like to be as current as I can be in normal breastfeeding info,
I have a question regarding milk storage. Which guidelines are correct? Time on the counter varies from 1 to 5 hours, time in the fridge varies from 48 hours to 8 days, time in the refrigerator freezer 2 to 4 months  or 6 to 12 in a deep freeze.
I have looked at the AAP which takes me to the CDC and it was last revised in 2004. Ameda's tear off sheet has different times, LLLI is more in line with Ameda (or Ameda is more in line with LLLI?) I waded through the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine but it seems like time on the counter, time in fridge, time in stand alone freezer varies from one source to the next.
Please, what standard is being used so that I may convey it when I teach prenatally?

Next, I am rich in old books that are probably outdated and have certainly been revised. What does one do with them? (Specifically old Medications in Mother's milk and a Breastfeeding and  Human Lactation pre 2000 publication).
Thanks,
Kerri Bundy in Northern VA
[log in to unmask]

Sent from my iPhone

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2