Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 May 2002 14:24:09 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
Okay. Okay.

I will back down a bit, but in my part of the world, it is mostly ignorance BECAUSE they believe what the formula companies have told them, BECAUSE they don't know the danger of formula and won't believe it when they hear it. There are very few who have medical reasons, very few who have had breast surgeries. I agree some may have deep emotional issues, but on the whole, I say it is ignorance and the "It's all about ME" generation, or selfishness. 

They are selfish because they "want it all."  They need to work so they can. And while, yes, there are some women who HAVE to work outside the home, a lot around here work so they can have bigger homes, bigger cars, and enroll their children in after-school classes and sports. Most just don't have time to nurse their babies. (I so admire those mothers who have to work but still breastfeed.)

I realize I am getting to be an old cynic here. But some of you do agree with me, I'm sure. You've told me.

And... yes, I firmly believe the article in the Washington Post was planted by a formula company. They are soooo insidious in their tactics.

BTW, If this post has "=" marks after every sentence, it is because of MY ignorance... I don't know what is causing it or how to fix it. 

Pam Wiggins, IBCLC, deep in the south of Virginia 
http://www.breastfeedingbooks.com

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2