Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 12:08:14 PDT
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
I have a very funny story/hobby to share with my lactnet friends in view of the recent "oink" postings.
When my son was a baby we went to a local farm to see the new baby animals.  There was a Mama pig and her 4 piglets.  Mama was lying on the hay and the 4 piglets were climbing and crawling all over her, fighting for teats and space next to her.  At the time we had 4 children-so I looked at my husband and said "That's me!"  We all had a good laugh  but the image has remained with me.  I often refer to my kids as piglets  (they are now all really big piglets!) and this is coming from a Kosher woman (we don't eat pigs)!  Well, I'd never eat my kids even if we did eat meat (or pork for that matter.)

Anyway, this has turned into a small collection of Mama pigs nursing baby pigs.  I don't collect just any pigs-they must be nursing.  Last weekend we were in the mall and my oldest daughter showed me a keychain that looked like a plastic egg.  On the egg was written "Oink, oink" and when you pushed a button, the egg opened and inside was a little Mama pig with two little piglets that crawl around her nursing!  I show it to everyone I meet every 15 minutes and they are all getting annoyed with me, but it really has been a source of humor for me.

Will be going nomail for the summer.  With the loss of my job, I've taken a job at my kids summer camp and will only be home Fridays and Saturdays. But I will get my email then, so keep writing!

Just thought I'd share some good stuff for a change.

Barbara Leshin-Zucker, IBCLC
Highland Mills, NY

ATOM RSS1 RSS2