Fri, 7 Oct 2005 19:30:26 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (30 lines)
"I was quite pleased with the show, the introduction tape talked about 
nurse-ins, and showed tons and tons of nursing moms, some with skin 
showing, some not.  The anti-NIP woman looked bitter and angry, while the 
pro-NIP mom was calm and understated (and normal and attractive)." (Janice Reynolds)

See I was feeling as though both came accross as uneducated.  The pro mom had nice cliche's to give out but when attacked she had no rebuttle.  On saying "you go eat your sandwich in the restroom" the anti NIP lady said "I didn't tell you to wipe your breast on the toilet"  and the mother just stared dumbfouned.  Many times she just stared dumbfounded with no response and frankly I felt that stupidity needed confronted...perhaps in the light of "I didn't tell you to wipe your sandwich on the toilet either so you take yours in there if it offends you so much"  There was no addressing the "I don't want it shoved in my face" comment whcih I thought was rude and out of line personally.  The mother once again just stared at her dumbfounded.  Now I have said this to others today and I will say it again...No mother has ever shoved her breast in a strangers face while nursing.  Shoving it in your face would require me to get up from my table walk accross the restaraunt to yours lift my
 shirt, remove my bra and hang my breast over your coffee cup while asking "excuse me would you like a little cream with your coffee?"  as it stands the only person having a breast shoved in his face is my son and he's not complaining one bit.  I was disappointed that Dr. Phil erred on "make the world feel comfortable" instead of take care of the baby.  To make his guest feel comfortable we would segragate ourselves to toilets or better yet not come in public at all until our children wean.  That would be at the very least 4 years in this household since we aren't allowed to wean until he revisits the allergist at that age.  Our skin would turn gray, we would get rickets from lack of sunshine and all for the sake of not offending someone who should simply learn to mind their own business.  

Susan CLE in PA

---------------------------------
 Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2