Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 2006 08:22:50 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
I am sitting reviewing lactnet while holding my almost 3 week old nursling.  (A benefit of nursing is that you can type on lactnet with your free hand.  
  We had a lovely birth!  She came 5 weeks early after a couple of weeks of intermittant preterm labor.  I was fearful that circumstances were setting us up for a "medical" birth.  Was my birth plan (intervention free) setting me up with "rigid" expectations? 
  As it turned out, I went into labor at 35 5/7 weeks and because of rising BP labor was not stopped.  I did have a few interventions, after discussion with my husband and OB.  (IV port, intermittant monitoring and my bag of waters broken after 4cm's)  The things that were important to me-  comfort measures for pain mgmt, freedom of movement, upright second stage and birthing, family and friends for labor support and No episiotomy- were all respected.  
  But I digress,  I invited my 20 year old sister to the birth to be a witness.  Certainly, this will shape her thoughts on medicine, women's bodies, women's power and beauty etc. etc. etc... more than any lecture I could give her.  Talk about a second wave in the revolution!  Also, probably good birth control for a college sophmore!
  Sincerely,
  Laurie Joanow
  hibernating in cold cold western PA living the dream :)

---------------------------------
 Yahoo! Autos. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, & more on new and used cars.

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2