Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2019 14:37:55 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (29 lines)
If you figure it out please let me know...I've been having trouble making sense of this one, on page 18 of the 2016 Guidelines and Evaluation for facilities seeing Baby Friendly Designation criteria...  

It says "Exclusive breast milk feeding shall be the feeding method expected from birth to discharge.
Each facility should track its rate of formula supplementation of breastfed infants. Facilities should strive
to reach the Healthy People 2020 goal for exclusive breastfeeding. The rate of supplementation for
nonmedical reasons should be analyzed and compared to the annual rate of supplementation of
breastfed infants reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) National
Immunization Survey data for the geographic region in which the facility is located. In addition, a year by-year reduction in non-medically indicated supplementation is expected in Baby-Friendly designated facilities. "

I cannot find this geographic region information...There is a national data wide chart about % of babies supplemented by day 2 of life.  In 2015, the CDC website reports this number is 17.2% ?

Does this seem correct to anyone working in hospital based lactation services in the US? Is there some other geographic region data you can find? I'm in the Northeast, and our 9 year BFHI accredited institute number of supplementation is sadly much higher than that....

Thank you,

Jodi Palmieri BSN IBCLC
Bridgeport, CT USA

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2