Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2014 23:50:50 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (50 lines)
> How exciting, Adina! 
> 
> I am the owner of two independent nurse-midwifery clinics and attend homebirths exclusively. Sadly, we are excluded from the ability to become Baby Friendly accredited, which I think is exceptionally unfortunate. I have written a number of times, but it seems that there is a misconception that if you are a homebirth attendant that either your practice is too small to be counted, or it is assumed to be breastfeeding friendly due to its nature. We are not unlike birth center practices, and sales representatives drop in our clinic just as easily as they do other birth settings.
> 
> Peas, Lovage & Saladarity, 
> Penny Lane DNP, CNM, IBCLC
> Offices in Indianapolis & Thorntown
> www.BelieveMidwiferyServices.com
> www.RedRaspberryBoutique.com
> 
> E-mail is not an acceptable mode of communicating private health care information, nor is it a reliable way to reach your midwife. While Penny is certainly happy to receive your e-mails, please consider this a one way route of communication. If you have a general question, please either save it for your next scheduled visit or call the office at (765) 436-7527. If you are a current client and have an urgent or emergent need after office hours, please stay on the line and an operator will connect you with the midwife.
> 
> Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this e-mail message is legally privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of the e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by telephone and return the original e-mail to us at [log in to unmask]
> Thank you.
> 
>> 
>> Hi,
>> The Birthing Center where I work is in the Baby-Friendly process and are having really bad luck with all of the reading materials- most of the free magazines we get include ads for artificial feeding which directly violate the Code and Baby-Friendly. Can anyone recommend magazines that you know comply with Baby Friendly standards? I am sending letters to all the ones we get cancelling our subscriptions and voicing my disappointment but for now our waiting room has become really boring :-P
>> Thanks,
>> Adina Lerer, RN, IBCLC, LCCE
>> Director of Lactation Services
>> Brooklyn Birthing Center
>> 
> 
> 
>             ***********************************************
> 
> Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
> To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
> Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
> COMMANDS:
> 1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
> 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
> 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
> 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome
> 
> 
> 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2