Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2008 19:56:15 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (42 lines)
Dear all:

I did more tests today to make sure it wasn't a mistake of a tired mind.  Last night I 
weighed two sets of weights in pounds and ounces.  Set up my spread sheet to 
automatically convert the pounds into multiples of 16 and then add that to the ounces.  
Then I jotted down the weights in grams by flicking the switch.  Then I divided to get the 
number of grams per ounce.  

Today, I did this with 8 more combinations of weights AND our guinea pig since I wanted 
to test something alive and wiggly and full of more water than a lead weight.  

After a total of 10 measurements, I am still getting 35.2 g/ ounce on my scale.  The scale 
calibrates just fine with other Medela Baby Weigh scales and it is only off when a baby is 
a leg thumper or the temperature changes rapidly and then we're talking only differences 
of 0.1 ounce or about 2 g.

Go figure.  Now I'm getting emails from others about their Baby Weigh scales that are 
converted at 28. something and this will drive me nuts until I figure out why I'm getting 
the 35.2 g/ounce.

What is also bizarre and I must apologize that my first thought was that the doctor 
doesn't know his conversions --- is that the doctor was giving the mother gram values 
that were the same as the ones I'm getting now with the lead weights on my scale.

I"m going to play around with liquids now, since the lead and the guinea pig were solids 
(although since all animals are really only bags of skin around fluid --- I'm not sure that 
holds up).

Best, Susan

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2