Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2010 11:53:13 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (32 lines)
Had a patient call about this yesterday.  After a discussion, mom concluded this is another effort to get money from breastfeeding mothers that they don't spend on formula or bottles.  The mom then told me that she recently lost her entire home and all belongings including baby shower gifts in the Nashville flood (there are thousands of homes lost in Nashville).  Her conclusion after two weeks without?  "All I need is my baby, my boobs and some diapers!"  There's the rainbow in the cloud - the realization that baby needs mom and what she provides, not what Evenflo or Gerber or Playtex or any other company provides in the way of "accessories">  I have one co-worker who tells moms - "think about the baby - all she knows is you - she can't go to the fridge, or play a video game, or read a book.  You are her world, her entertainment, her food source." Disaster can certainly change your perspective about what's really important in life! 

-----Original Message-----
From: Lactation Information and Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Brenda Rockers
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 2:26 PM
Subject: Milkscreen

Does anyone have any information regarding Milkscreen?  It's a home test for alcohol in breastmilk.

Thanks,
Brenda Rockers, RN, IBCLC
Conyers, GA

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2