Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jun 1998 08:32:01 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (3 lines)
Awhile back there was a discussion on breastfeeding videos and recommendations. For those of you still interested, a catalog video company is offering free previews on all their videos from now until August 31,1998. You have to cover shipping costs to ($6 for first video, $2 for the rest) and from as well.  If you keep a video these shipping costs go towards the purchase. There are several breastfeeding videos, including Breast is Best which had previously only been available through INFACT.  I will tell you that one of the BF videos sold, I had also seen in the hospital and it was done by WYETH. It doesn't look like the creator is an LC. This version obviously does not have the WYETH logos. So for those of you still out there looking it is an inexpensive way to view some videos (lots of childbirth videos too) and one of the better videos in my opinion Breast is Best. There is also an incredible video called A Timeless Way: A History of Birth from Ancient to Modern Times . It uses a lot of art from different cultures, ancient to modern times in birthing. I may purchase this one as it so good. This was absolutely worth the money just to view that one(I figured I pay $3.50 to get a video at the rental store, why not do the same about areas I am interested in). there are teen pg/bf videos, SIDS, circumcision, baby care and also a video from the book of same name Spiritual Midwifery (I haven't been able to preview that one yet, but am looking forward to it. Tonight's entertainment!). there may be some requirements that you be someone in the field (childbirth education, health care...) not sure. I am sure to purchase at least 3 of the 12 I ordered for preview. I was surprised at how many I did not like and was grateful for this offer. I had been contemplating buying several for  a couple of months so I jumped on this opportunity to help weed out those ones I din't like. It provided great entertainment value for a reasonable price. I obviously don't get out much when my Friday night is spent waiting for the babies to go to sleep so I can watch 2-3 hours of childbirth/breastfeeding videos and then another 1-2 hours going through a weeks worth of lactnet! Anyone wanting the 800 number just email me. Patty Murphy S. Lake Tahoe, CA [log in to unmask] 

ATOM RSS1 RSS2