Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 2014 14:50:58 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
I practice and teach CST mostly with infants. I agree that there are no high-powered studies to show the effectiveness of CST for breastfeeding issues. However, anecdotally, I see amazing results. Those of us who are doing this work all see amazing results. In addition to what I see in my private practice, my former students and I hold a free infant CST clinic in Portland, OR each month. We are seeing about 30 babies in each monthly clinic. Many of the babies are having difficulties establishing normal breastfeeding. Most commonly, we see babies who have subtle innervation issues or fascial/tissue restrictions that interfere with normal tongue movements and the coordination of suck, swallow & breathe. Some of these babies also have tongue and/or lip ties. Others have been revised, but are still having problems due to underlying structural issues. IBCLCs are so admirably focused on evidence-based practice. I understand the desire for more research evidence. I also know that lactation consultants and among our greatest referral sources because we all know on some level that CST works. 

Carol Gray, Midwife, LMT
Craniosacral Therapy
1306 NW Hoyt St. #307
Portland, OR 97209
503-830-8995
Study CST with Carol Gray
Put Me on the Mailing List
Schedule an Appointment

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2