Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 2009 14:11:47 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
I would like to know how many Lactnetters emailed the AAP as to the press release being authentic! Please,? for Pete's Sake ( whoever Pete is), didn't some people on the list respond with resounding laughter to Dr Gordon's prank.
After all, it was APRIL FIRST, and who doesn't know that pranks abound on that day.
Geez, I guess I could have gotten into trouble because on one April Fool's Day,? at a staff meeting, I issued a certificate of award to our Health Director, citing the entire department for meeting all health goals, including meeting the breastfeeding goal of 100% of babies being breastfed in our county at 6 weeks postpartum ( wasn't that a tip off right there that it was a prank by the LC!!) and giving them all a weeklong accomodations and travel to an island in the Carribean for the conference at which the award would be given. I also listed the date for confirmation as the previous year. The health director laughed it all off in good humor.
We're in big trouble if we get to the point that we can't laugh at ourselves.

Barbara Whitehead,BS, IBCLC
eastern NC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2