Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 20:17:02 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
Re: Cheryls posting to AMy and contacting breastfeeders at home:
Sometimes I am so grateful for being a practicing, private IBCLC outside of the United States of America!!!
I read some things and I just can't believe they really exist! Between Baby Whisperer, Ezzo and now legal ramifications when phoning a mom to see how she is getting on??? Where have we gotten to. ? 
I feel quilty when, for some reason I haven't managed to do a follow-up call. I suppose that I am freer to do these calls, than someone who is employed by a larger medical institution, with binding laws, rules and regulations. But think about it. This is what life and caring is all about. Helping new moms adjust. We all know what happens when the moms leave the hospital. If there is no follow up or at least referral to community based LC's or someone, then chances are we will lose another bf dyad.

I wait til I have a good stretch of free time (rare but I force myself) and I sit and dial. I am also so concerned with outcome. I love hearing how the moms managed. or didn't. I put one of my famous blue dots on the clients form to show I have called and I usually draw a (smiling) smiley if they succeeded and carried on, and a frown smiley on the dot when the client quit. Even if they haven't continued bf'g, they are truly appreciative they we care enough to follow up.

Now you all know why I have so many blue dots to pass around!!

See you soon.
Ellen Shein, LLLL , IBCLC in Tel aviv

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2