Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 00:20:53 +0100
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
Roni Chastain asked for sharing on Tummy Tubs, so here is my limited experience.
I live and work in Norway, and I got a free Tummy Tub in Stockholm in October 1997 at an international home birth conference there.  We all did, if we filled out a short marketing research questionnaire.  Brought it home with me-- we were quite the procession, a motley gathering of women from many countries, wandering from the conference centre to the bus terminal, all carrying various items of luggage and one Tummy Tub per person-- and I gave it as a baby gift to a friend who was due in January 1998.  The pamphlets accompanying the tub were irresistible; this was an essential item for all new parents!
I spent a lot of time with my friend and her baby the first month, supporting them as baby gradually learned to feed at the breast-- combination of barely 37 weeks gestation and firm large, initially non-protractile nipples made it hard, and Mina was over a month old before she took an entire meal at the breast.  (She was weaned last fall, I think, nearly two years old.)  Along about Easter we were chatting and her husband happened to let drop that Mina had hardly cried at all during her daily Tummy Tub bath the day before... they had never dared tell me it was a total fiasco of a present!  Mina didn't have colic, but was a generally high-needs baby, the kind I call "spirited".
I hear they are good for letting bread dough rise too... but I haven't seen them for sale here yet.  The asking price when I got mine was about $25 or so-- seemed high to me then, and now, for a plastic bucket just about like the ones we use to wash floors and which cost under $3.
best regards
Rachel Myr

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2