Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 17:23:16 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
Betsy, I agree with your insight on exhibitors. If we look far enough into it, we could probably find a reason why
not to accept one company or another.  I know personally, that a large part of enjoyment I get from our
various conferences is seeing what is new on the market. I think we can only enhance our own knowledge and skills by being "abreast" of what is happening out there.  So many different kinds of pumps, storage systems, breast pads, etc...... it doesn't mean we have to push them or even buy them. 

I prefer a natural as possible scenario regarding initiation and continuation of bfg. That doesn't mean that all my clients will agree with me. So I feel I have to know what is available.

The other point, regarding your idea of sending out a survey, this is a great idea, but unfortunately we also have to take into account the actual financial side of running a conference on a large scale. I know about sponsors and getting financial aid because I have to fund raise to keep afloat. I won't take money from any mfg of ABM, but I get alot of help from a local chain of baby equipment and clothes manufacturer. They donated changing tables,  chemical diaper pails, bf pillows, steriliser and tons more. BUT, they do sell bottles there. So how far do we go. To the extent where we won't be able to afford to run? (I am speaking of a parenting center - not the bf clinic although the clinic runs on the premises, yet it is still always a question in my mind.) So, I can imagine where the conference organisers may have to make these decisions with all of our welfare in mind. Whereas, a survey would most likely reflect personal opinions which definitely are to be taken into account of course, but we also have to consider the global effect of cutting out these exhibitors. Someone wrote that there is  a difference between exhibitor and sponsor. I agree. 

Ellen Shein, Tel Aviv 

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2