Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 21:43:16 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (33 lines)
Winnie,

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

We would all miss your insight and wisdom so much on Lactnet, so selfishly, I hope you don’t choose leave.

My heart goes out to you with your situation at work.  In this time of recession and downsizing, it seems many of us are having to make the hard choices of being the main providers for our families.  Three months ago I started working part-time in a hospital, so now the vents on Lactnet are very pertinent.  I have bitten my tongue so much, I'm surprised it's still attached:-)

When I get discouraged, I try to remember my mantra that if in all my life, I only help ONE mom nurse her baby and love him/her wholeheartedly, just ONE family healthy and loving, that ONE mom will make the world a better place, and it would have been worth it all.  Now, you have helped thousands of these moms over the years, and have helped many families achieve a loving start.  

One suggestion I picked up somewhere  (probably on Lactnet, LOL), was to keep a file of all the thank you cards from moms.  It’s like a hug to read through those and recall that mom and that baby.   You probably have a file cabinet full☺ Also, when you think of moms with whom you’ve kept in touch and maybe helped with multiple children—the joy of watching that mother grow, mature and in turn, encourage other mothers to nurture their babies at the breast.

You'll be in my thoughts & prayers for comfort & strength.

Warmly,

Anna Swisher, MBA, IBCLC
Abundant Blessings
Austin, TX
www.abundantblessings.info

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2