Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2010 09:36:17 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
I had a mom in yesterday that I have been working with - a great example of persistence in the face of many obstacles.  Mom measures a 38 M - can't find a bra to fit, baby has high palate, had a type 2 frenulum, mild congenital Torticollis, jaw and cranial asymmetry.  Mom originally dealt with areolar edema, compressed nipples, extreme pain and abrasion.  She has persisted!  She wears her baby in a ring sling, is doing all the exercises for Torticollis, supplemented with specialfeeder until baby's suck improved, pumped to keep her supply going.  Yesterday she came back for followup, baby totally on breast, gaining 45 grams per day over last 10 days, latching baby on well.  The thing she did was to use her "billow pillow" as a combination breast and baby supporter, molding it to support everything well.  We did a little tweaking and changing positions, helping her recline more and baby could latch well even in cuddle.  Baby has improved significantly.   I just wanted to let you all know that when you have clients that are willing to work, sometimes you have good results.  I often get discouraged, because I usually only see train wrecks here because our hospital lc's do such a great job we don't have "normal" difficulties here.   I want to celebrate and commend moms who stick with it and the lc's that keep on cheering them on until they reach their goals!   

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2