Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2012 16:31:37 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
I apologize for second posting. Again, P2P. There's a lot going on here, and I would love to pick your brains.

Unbeknownst to me, mom had not had confirmation of thrush via culture, but via urgent care nurse based off mom's assumption. Ordered culture to check for yeast and bacteria. Breasts do not appear yeasty, and baby has no symptoms. Mom had mastitis that she did not complete antibiotics for, so I am wondering if this is a lingering infection. However, it's been over a month and the pain is the only symptom. 

Pain is sharp, shooting, stabbing. Only in right breast, after feedings, worsens when breast is fully drained. Cold helps, warmth makes it worse, but there is no nipple blanching. Patient has a bleb on affected breast that has not troubled her. Patient breastfed first child. 1 year + without issue. History of plugged ducts, but she resolves them with pumping/nursing and this feels different to her. Patient has pituitary gland benign tumor causing high prolactin levels.

Baby is 7 months old.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2