Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:46:29 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 9:17 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Breast refusal update

I posted about the baby who was admitted to the NICU for pneumonia and at 6 days had to be started on bottles due to inadequate feeding and would not consistently go back to the breast. I had suggested a day in bed and mom was finally able to try this. It didn't work and then she took another week off from trying the breast. When she offered the breast again she used the shield and he took it, kept taking it (the shield had only worked intermittently before) and shortly after he took the breast directly and now they are doing great. He was 15 weeks when he finally crossed over.

I never felt like I really did anything for this mom other than rule some things out, but I did keep calling her and making suggestions and she said she really appreciated the support. I wanted to let you all know she finally had success!

Andrea Tran RN, IBCLC
Boulder/Erie, Colorado

This electronic transmission (including any attached file) contains information from Boulder Community Hospital which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or other use of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or by electronic mail ([log in to unmask]).

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2