Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2007 15:38:30 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)

Re:  "Foods getting sweeter"

I have long believed that formula, not fast food, was w huge factor in obesity.  The cholesterol in breast milk is higher than we imagine, but the "lock and key" set ups for metabolism in the body go to work and teach the little body how tohandle cholesterol.  It is my firm belief that even "some" formula interferes with this, nature's set-up.

My own, nearly perfect, experience was with my fifth child.  I had been a mastitis patient four times (immediately following a "growth spurt") and, in my day, the M.D. put you on meds and you were told to stop BF.  My Ob. at that time said, in response to my wailing, "What, are you crazy?" (my answer was "of course, we all know that"), and he added "It's only a bottle."  By the time my fifth was born, he (M.D.) had had his first, and very late in life, baby, and his tune had changed.  He gave me the courage to simply "Yes" my ped. to death and move on.  At around 5 mos. I noticed that he would watch intently as we (four older sibs and parents) put food in our mouths and chewed.  His excitement grew steadily...I am seeing the same thing with grandchild #14, who will not have baby food in her mouth.  At just shy of 6 mos. we were having dinner in the breakfast room, he was nursing, he stopped nursing, turned to the table, and with his left hand grabbed a whole ravioli, popped it in his mouth, smiled gleefully, and returned to BF.  When he completed his dinner, I had a "spaghetti sauce" breast and the older children thought it was one of the most wonderful experiences at table in their lives.
So, when all the books say "food ain't necessary,"  this is the developmental milestone the authors are addressing!
I am so enjoying this network, and many thanks to all who contribute
c. taylor

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET email list is powered by LISTSERV (R).
There is only one LISTSERV. To learn more, visit:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2