Date:
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:16:13 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
Dear Colleagues,
I have PTP on 2 different questions.
I had a client recently with what was first thought to be an abscess, but milk was aspirated so the thought was this was a galactocele. There were also infections signs fever , redness. The milk was cultured but I haven't heard the results. It did refill again within 24 hours.The Dr. implied there was infection verbally.a guess, I gather. Mom is very engorged only a few days postpartum. Any guidelines for doing RPS in this situation and any other ideas/solutions for easing the fullness on the far side of the galactocele?

Question 2 involves sour/strong mild possibly from lipase breakdown as has been covered on lactnet and in Lawrence. Any hints for a mom pumping at work i.e.an at-work way to scald the milk or in some other way prevent in from souring before she gets home. ideas please.
A corollary question because of course these questions come in pairs relates to a strong or off taste in frozen milk. Do you agree it is ok to feed to baby if baby will accept. It hasn't gone bad per se, just picked up flavors in the freezer. How would one know if it was truly spoiled? Any experience out there with combining the strong tasting milk with fresh milk within a bottle to keep it more palatable
Thanks to the collective wisdom out there.
Janet Dombro Ibclc, LLLL

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2