Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2017 17:34:42 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)
Hi All,
I have 2 very different questions for the group.

The first is concerning the wine given to the newborn at a Bris.  I am not Jewish but a lot of the families I work with are.  The baby was doing well breastfeeding and latching easily.  The moil gave the baby a pacifier dipped in wine and sugar water.  The mother states that the moil dipped the pacifier into the wine mixture before the procedure and after.  After the bris the baby had difficulty latching with his tongue searching for the nipple.  He did not latch well for 12 hours after.  My question is: Do moil's use pacifier a lot?  This sounds like an excessive use of wine.  Mother thinks the baby got drunk.  I think it was the baby searching for the hard pacifier.  Are moils taught about breastfeeding?  Do moils use pacifiers and bottles routinely?

Second need is for a very brief and scholarly article on how introduction of formula disrupts the infant gut biome.  I need something very busy pediatricians will read and believe.  I have read lots of article on the biome and few go into detail on how long it takes for the gut to re-seed when foreign protein is introduced.

Thanks for all,
Mary westra R.N., IBCLC

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: DO NOT FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO OTHERS WITHOUT PERMISSION OF THE SENDER.

This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain confidential or privileged material that is exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, copying, or taking any action in reliance on its contents is prohibited.  If you have any reason to believe this e-mail was not intended for you, please delete the e-mail and any attachments, and notify the sender immediately.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2