Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 13:19:52 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
I can see an advantage in having a Facebook link with lactation professionals as different from Lactnet because, if I understand it correctly, the "rules of Lactnet" would not exist.  If I wanted to discuss something that would be considered off-topic on Lactnet, I could do so via Facebook, with my Lactnet friends.  Facebook is a social networking site, whereas Lactnet is a lactation listserv.  If I want to talk to Rachel about XYZ, I could (if she wanted to talk to *me* <g>).  If I wanted to query Nikki about a good restaurant to hit in NYC when I'm there, I could do that on Facebook, but it would not be appropriate on Lactnet.  AND...if I really couldn't get enough of strictly-lactation topics on Lactnet, I could get another fix on Facebook.

What I *think* Kathleen is asking is whether anyone wants her to pursue adding "Lactnet" as an "organization" a Facebook member can identify as a way that they "know" someone else?  There are "groups" that pop up, such as "Blue Valley High", so if you are connected to Blue Valley High, you can chat with others who are.  Lactnet would be one of these groups?

Warmly,
Rebecca DeYoung-Daniels in KS

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2