Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 1997 20:28:16 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
I have received a lot of good notes regarding my letter to Redbook.  How worthy you all make me feel.

Before I joined Lactnet, I would never have dreamed of writing letters, or being a lactivist in any shape or form.  I was just a nurse, who also had done an LC certification course (a year ago), and who did a lot of breastfeeding teaching, both at work and in various other arenas of my life.

Working as I do, in San Francisco, I never even had realized that breastfeeding rates had gone down hill, around the country.  Here they are very high, at least for initiation, so I couldn't believe my eyes and ears when I started learning about the stumbling blocks so many mothers, infants and LCs around the country and the world have shoved in their paths.  As if there aren't enough obstacles from Nature, Herself.

Made a breastfeeding activist out of me.  Thanks to Lactnet, many of my personal impressions and beliefs have found assurance, reassurance, and that most important of importants, literature to back it all up.   I don't think I would ever have started going through all the literature on my own.  Now I can do it with direction and a little help from a lot of friends (all 1048 of you).  

Without Lactivist and Lactnet, I wouldn't even be aware of many of the issues, ads, articles and magazine covers to become indignant about. 
So THANK YOU, all.

Chanita, San Francisco

ATOM RSS1 RSS2