Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2011 21:22:41 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
I am working with a patient, permission to post, Adoptive Mom, had surrogate, IVF twins, has not had a pregnancy herself, is inducing lactation. She did quick start, BCP's for 4 weeks, then stopped, has been on Domperidone TID 20 MG,  still is and More Milk Plus, pumping with Symphony Q 3 hours, she has gotten at most 2 ML today, with pumping, I think I was more excited then she was when we got that from pumping, I gave her a lot of reassurance and encouragment today. I told her for the next 2 to 3 days we treat her like the new mom she is and that any new mom would have Teaspoons not ounces of colostrum at this point.  Babies 24 hours old now at 36 5/7 EGA. One nursing really well, the other, sleepy. She does not want to use much formula, and so far the Babies weight loss has been minimal and the one doing well nursed for 25 minutes today, with a strong suckle and intermittent swallows appreciated. I will see how the night went and  their weight, etc is doing tomm. Just wondering what she can expect Milk Supply wise, I do not have much experience with Induced Lactation, Thanks  Wise Women. Lisa Mooney CNM MSN IBCLC.  		 	   		  

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2