Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 12:56:42 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
It seems that the timing of the mentioned study would not be indicative of the actual effect of fenugreek as there would be the natural increase in milk production from week one to week two anyway. Correct me if I am wrong, but recommended uses of most foodstuffs, natural remedies, teas, etc..........have not really been scientifically proven to increase milk production. There are other (psychological) factors that could be the reason for the increase in volume. 

IMHO these galactogogues, like many topical remedies for sore nipples, are dependent on the individuals reaction to them. Like different skin types react to different substances in these creams (same for baby's bottom and treatments for diaper rash) what works for one mom will not necessarily work for another. 

It is very important to know of all these options, but we must remember in practice NOT to give solutions but to offer different possibilies. I have heard all too often from moms that the LC or councelor said that I must take _________ to solve ________. Even if a remedy worked for us personally it doesn't mean that it will work for one and all.

Ellen Shein in sunny Tel Aviv
BTW, to all of you who have those cute descriptions after your credentials and your name, do you have to type them in after each and every posting? (I know this is not an appropriate BF question!!)
have a nice weekend.

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2