Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 20:42:12 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
Hi all,
I need your help!!!  My daughter-in-law started pumping light green milk Tuesday at about the same day my grandson starting feeling ill.  He was having lots of nasal  congestion and hard, very dark stools.  My grandson is 7 months old, born at 34 weeks with on long term problems.  My DIL has no signs of any breast infection nor could we come up with any dietary reasons for the milk's color.  I sent a sample of the milk for a culture and it has come back with (preliminary report) 3+ Enterobacter Cloacae and 2+ Probable Pseudomonas.  We are waiting for an identification and susceptibility report.  Has anyone ever dealt with this problem and if so what did they do?  The Ped says my grandson can nurse and the OB is waiting for the report to help identify what antibiotic to give.  Everyone is confused on how the milk could contain pseudomonas and my DIL not be ill.  Please put your minds to work, ask around and e-mail me ASAP.  If you have some info and want to fax it to me, since the hospital has shutdown our e-mail related to the Love virus, you can fax to 580.220.6884 or e-mail me here at home.
[log in to unmask]
Thanks,
Crystal Stearns RNC, MS, IBCLC

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2