Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 2009 09:57:08 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
<< I found that until my periods returned, I had sympysis  discomfort while nursing side lying, so maybe low estrogen levels  contribute somewhat to return of normal "tighter" ligaments.>>

I find this so interesting, as I experience discomfort with side-lying and never did pre-babies.  I haven't had regular cycles since 1999 because I'm blessed to go about 2 yrs w/o periods and then promptly get pregnant with my next child but in the summer of 2011 I'll start cycling again (just had baby #4 at the end of May) and I'll be curious to see if I can lie on my side at night w/o pain.  By then I won't be doing a lot of side-lying nursing b/c my babies tend to start sleeping through the night around 18 months of age but I had never thought that my hormones or lack thereof would be a contributing factor to my discomfort.  I see a chiropractor regularly (he practices the Gondstead method), so I'll need to ask him about whether he thinks hormones are playing a role in my discomfort.  And I'll have to try to remember 2 yrs from now to see if having regular cycles again makes a difference.

Margo

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2