Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2007 22:40:45 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
In the August '07 issue of "Today's Dietitian"...  "....Milkscreen introduces at-home breast milk (sic) test....a two-minute test that analyzes breast milk for the presence of alcohol and provides mothers with a clear positive or negative reading....created to provide mothers with the peace of mind that the milk they feed their baby is alcohol free..."

www.milkscreen.com

A quote from the website:
What does a positive result mean?
A positive result with Milkscreen indicates alcohol exists in the milk and you may want to seek an alternate source of food for your baby. With a positive test result, options include waiting for an hour or so and then re-testing your milk, using formula, or using stored, pre-pumped milk. Note: Pumping your milk (the "pump and dump" method) does NOT eliminate alcohol from your breast milk. The only way to eliminate alcohol from your bloodstream is to wait a period of time.

Because every mom metabolizes alcohol differently, it is important to test your milk before feeding your baby if there is any question of the lingering presence of alcohol.

Oh, and LCs can fill out a questionnaire and join their network.  My blood pressure's up.  Maybe I need some Bach's Rescue Remedy...oops...then I'd have to test my milk for alcohol, wouldn't I?

Warmly,
Rebecca DeYoung-Daniels, MBA, RD, LD, IBCLC and MOM to 5 in Kansas, USA 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2