Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 23:41:47 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
I have often wondered when the day would come that I would be able to share this part of my story.  I am sorry I am so far behind but I seem to never stay up with Lactnet.  It has been a long time since I posted so I will reintroduce myself for new people.  I am a totally blind mother of four sighted children.  I have breastfed all of them.  I am not an LC because I realize there are things that I would not be able to diagnose without seeing but I do a lot of counseling with harder situations via the telephone for La Leche League hotline.  If any of you come across visually impaired mothers and need advice in how to help them please feel free to write me and I would love to help you.  I am also the source for La Leche League's visually ipaired library.  I have been doing this position since January, 1993.

Now to the subject of this email.  When my fourth child was not even a month old I had to have an emergency outpatient procedure done and several more af that one.  I insisted that the baby had to stay with me at the hospital during both of the procedures where I had to stay overnight.  Actually, the second srocedure was not an outpatieot one and the baby stayed for more than one night.  The funny part was that when I returned to the hospital for the second time about a month later, word got out that I was back with my baby and nurses who had seen her the first time came by to see her again.  I just told the hospital that the baby was breastfeeding and did not take bottles.  I do not believe insurance was charged for her because she did not take up an extra bed nor eat any food.I hope this helfs.

Betsy Grenevitch Georgia, USA [log in to unmask]

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2