Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2012 23:56:42 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
Thank-you Kathy, Ellen and Ilene!

Yes mom does pump frequently when she is separated from baby and nurses as often as baby will allow when they are together.  Her ability to pump is very variable.  Sometimes she can get 5 ounces at a time and sometimes she can only get 2 ounces over the course of several pumpings.  She knows how to do RPS and HOP.  She does feed at night but he recently went from 3 feeds to 1 and she is planning to try to increase the night feeds since he does feed better at night.

She is introducing more solids to take the pressure off, too.

I did get one response by e-mail that this may be reflux.  I think this is a likely possibility.  Reflux and tongue-tie are associated and CST does help with reflux.  This is a baby who is self-limiting feeds, not a mom who is limiting, so discomfort from reflux makes sense.  Mom offers frequently and I have witnessed this baby refuse to nurse.  Also, his best weight gain has been directly after his CST appointments and CST is associated with helping with reflux.  Mom has also suspected silent reflux in the past.  Baby has had periods of mucousy green stools before mom eliminated dairy and soy.  Mom takes probiotics, coconut oil and is considering starting fish oil.

Any other ideas?  I am really wondering about her dramatic variability with pumping.  Something doesn't quite make sense!

Laura Spitzfaden, LLLL, IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2