Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 23:40:15 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (9 lines)
Hello all. I have never posted the whole list before ( only individuals ), so first I will introduce myself. I am Jennifer Lane, a mom, an LLLleader, and an Attachment Parenting Support group facilitator. I decided last night to do some web searching, and plugged in CPSC. One of the pages I came up with was one that detailed how to make a home safe. The page on the nursery (www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/pubs/202.html) stated under cribs, "More infants die every year in accidents involving cribs than with any other nursery product. Thousands of infants are injured seriously enough to require treatment in hospital emergency rooms." Now of course there was no sweeping statement that infants should never be placed in any crib. There were however guidelines to tell us how to use a crib safely. Why does bedsharing not deserve the same?  Kathy D's statement about the cars was really right on the mark. To me this whole report is an attack on the parenting of most of the other cultures in the world. Obviously the CPSC has over stepped its' boundaries in a huge way here. I am fed up with the scare tactics. Where is their statement about how many babies die from ABM? Of course one could never be made, lest someone feel guilty! Thanks for letting me vent.
Jennifer Lane

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2