Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2014 14:41:13 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (45 lines)
Piggy-backing several replies in one post - 

Leilani asked: 

about some breast pumps being offered to a client by her insurance. While I am not personally familiar with some of them I can share that mothers that I have come in contact with as an LC as well as through the LLL Group I lead have not been pleased with the Lansinoh pump and I have heard negatives about the Phillips and Nuk pumps. I know nothing about the Melodi. 

On the other hand, my daughter-in-law had a Freestyle (her choice after she researched) with her first and it took 45 minutes to fully pump. With her second baby she received a Rumble Tuff through her insurance and was amazed to get 4 oz in 7 minutes. This baby is now 4 months, momma is back to work and she is still very pleased with the way the pump works. 

Naomi asked: 

about translations. If you live near a large university, I wonder if you could find a student majoring in Spanish who would help you or take it to a Spanish instructor as a project proposal, perhaps for credit toward a grade but at no cost to you. 

Shannon wrote: 

about an insurance company declining to provide a pump for religious reasons. Perhaps the mother could ask for a more complete explanation about how a pump violates the religious teachings connected with that company or her employer. Unless the insurance company is part of a religious group, it seems a questionable claim. I see this as very different from the contraception issue where if one is working for a Catholic or Orthodox Jewish agency, as examples, it shouldn't be a surprise that they would not want to provide contraception as it is fairly well known that it goes against their religious teachings 

Cindy Garrison BS IBCLC 
practicing in Pittsburgh PA 

End of LACTNET Digest - 4 Jan 2014 to 5 Jan 2014 (#2014-8) 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2