Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 1997 12:10:13 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
Thank you all for your positive responses to the letter I wrote.

I  did offend at least one person, who has written me privately, when I referred to my old prejudice against LLL as the nazis of the breastfeeding world.  In case anyone else misunderstood me, or was offended: 

I DO NOT, ANY LONGER, MAKE THIS COMPARISON, AND HAVE FOR MANY YEARS NOW HELD LLL IN MUCH HIGHER ESTEEM.  

This  was an opinion I held 25 years ago, when I first met that group, whose attitudes and methods and advice differed drastically from my own, even though we were all breastfeeding our babies.   Over the years I have met many LLL people who were warmer, friendlier, more supportive, and had a better better since of humor, individually and collectively,  than those first aggravating and abrasive women I met.   Currently, I frequently refer people to the LLL people in their neighborhoods and to LLL books and handouts, for education, assistance and support. 

I have done what I ask all people to do, as I battle against both the overly-zealous right and overly-zealous left, in all areas of life:  I stayed open, learned and changed.

Sincerely,  Chanita, San Francisco

ATOM RSS1 RSS2