Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 2016 21:19:56 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
PTP:Failed induction, C-sec for pre-eclampsia 38 wks 4 d.  Baby sleepy, would latch, never nursed more than few min, lost 11% body wt, began supp and pumping, 34 days in hosp, mom readm 2 days later, baby with mom & dad, mom on mag for 4 days, tried nsg, but baby didn't latch well or suck strongly, TT discovered, after dischg had a clip @ 12 days for tt & lip tie. I first saw her,  re-attached @ about 18days &  Dr suggested seeing someone with laser. so she had laser done at 18 days.  Baby began to refuse to suck, angry after stretches.  I suggested  backing off, let her forget why mad, give paced bottle feeding in BF position.  (Mom was also sent back to ER twice for increased B/P.  on Procardia)  Suggested co bathing at about 6 weeks, 1st x or 2 latched and sucked best ever, now refusing  again even in bath.  Mom routinely has gotten 5-6 oz/day, now 10-12, all along abt 1/3 of what baby takes per day.  Was  gaining rapidly and I had suggested getting too much formula, so tried to back off and use paci-which she won't take,  Mom thinks baby has difficulty getting herself organized to suck. Now 7 wks old.

Does anyone have any good ideas????  Pat in SNJ

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2