Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2007 18:45:48 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
An odd question to ask, but these threads reminded me of a conversation I had with a father who's wife I had helped in the early days.  Of course there was more of a relationship there than just client/breastfeeding councelor since he was my brother, but I remember when the baby was 3 months old him calling me and telling ME to give her permission to quit since I was the breastfeeding councelor after all.  It was quite the predicament, as I felt she was doing fine (although somewhat stressed going back to school), but also that this request had not come from her.  It had come from the dad.  Since I had a close relationship with the family being it was my neice we were talking about losing breastmilk, I spoke candidly and somewhat directed at him saying everything I wanted, except calling him selfish (had to bite my tongue hard there as one of his reasons was he wanted HIS breasts back).  These threads have my gears going again now, since this could happen on a more
 professional level at some point in the future.  I'm wondering what I would do if an "official" client's significant other made the same request of me.  Things to ponder. 

Susan Smallwood in PA

---------------------------------
Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally,  mobile search that gives answers, not web links. 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2