Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2008 11:10:06 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
After getting high blood pressure over the posts about Babies R Us, I called my local store this morning. Yes, they are renting pumps. I was put on hold five times and talked to two different people with two different versions of pricing and such. When I asked if there was someone who could help me use the pump, I was transferred to the person in-the-know. She told me she couldn't really help me but there's a booklet in the box to tell me how to use the pump. When I asked her if there was information in there on storing milk, she said she wasn't too sure, but they had stuff in the store to help me. When I asked if there was information to help me use the pump for low supply, she said, "You mean low flow?" No, she didn't think there was any information on that, but there were lots of nursing books there in the store I could look at. 

Clearly the key to pump rentals at Babies R Us is that there's lots of other stuff in the store "to help you." Eventually that stuff will include lots of formula since there's no help for breastfeeding issues. 

I'm not sure what to do with this information, but I'm glad I have it. I wish I had asked how many pumps they have, but I was so mad by the time I hung up that I didn't get around to it.  

Amy Brown, IBCLC
Colorado Springs CO

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2