Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 00:09:21 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (1 lines)
Th advertising agency who is handling the Breastfeeding Awareness Campaign is extremely well-respected and has done some phenomenal creative work for their clients. During my life as a full-time graphic designer/art director/copywriter, I worked on various pro-bono projects. In general, designers love pro-bono work, b/c it gives us the freedom to do our very best work. It is no accident that some of the best known and successful ad camapigns in the US have come from the Ad Council. We are very fortunate to have breastfeeding selected as an issue by them, and the concepts that we have been privy to reflect an excellent creative approach to the problems we face in the US.  Frankly, it amazes me that a bunch of ad people could figure out through focus groups and education how to promote breastfeeding, while the AAP is so desperately lost in the dark in the subject. Please keep in mind that the ad agency and the Ad Council deserve our support and gratitude--no agency can ever recoup the financial investment they make in a pro-bono campaign of this magnitude. I encourage everyone to let them know we are behind them--it is terribly demoralizing to put your heart and talent into a project and have it usurped by politics and corporate greed.
Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA

ATOM RSS1 RSS2