Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2010 20:04:19 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
I received this today from Army of Women. 
The Milk Study (We need women from anywhere in the US who are currently nursing/breastfeeding a baby and are going to have a breast biopsy in the near future or have had a breast biopsy in the past)
The purpose of this study is to determine if breast cancer and breast cancer risk can be accurately assessed from a breast milk sample. Currently, there is no accurate way to give women information about their personal risk of developing breast cancer. We will use the cells naturally present in breast milk to examine changes in DNA that occur in association with benign and cancerous breast lesions. Learning about the genetic changes associated with both breast cancer and non-cancerous breast lesions will help us develop a way to provide women with information about their breast cancer risk. Using breast milk to screen for breast cancer will reduce unnecessary biopsies among nursing women

http://www.armyofwomen.org/current/view?grant_id=375

Thought I would pass it on.
Sure wish I was going to ILCA for the 25th anniversary! My son got married a couple of days ago and I just couldn't plan for both! Have fun, everyone who is going!

Ann Calandro, MSN, RNC, IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2