Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2007 16:44:34 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
I work in the hospital setting, and currently, our "family-centered care" policy states "you must not sleep with your baby at any time".  Some of us who are HUGE believers in skin-to-skin for all of our nursing couplets are trying to change this, but are coming up against a brick wall due to the legal aspects of allowing this.  My question is, for those of you who are in the hospital setting using the Breastfeeding Friendly guidelines, if mothers are co-sleeping with the babies, how did/do you get around the AAP's stand on NOT co-sleeping?  If you have any policies or protocols that you would be willing to share with me, I would greatly appreciate it.  I have the ABM's protocol, the UNICEF sample policy, and we have the research information done, but people are still quite uncomfortable with this scenario, even if the mother/partners have been instructed on how to co-sleep, and when it is not safe to do so.  Any help would be appreciated.  Please email me off list.  Thanks in advance!  Brenda Enfield, RN 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2