Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2010 14:49:32 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
Hi everyone,

I've searched the archives without success and hope someone out there can help me.

I want to do a formula-tasting for my collegues at work. I was surprised how many of them have never tasted formula, although they work day-in and day-out with mothers who're using formula.  The great and variable taste of breastmilk is a good point to bring up with pregnant women. I want the staff to be able to speak from personal experience when they say 'I wouldn't want to eat nothing but formula for months, breastmilk tastes so much better.'

I'd love to offer human milk as a chaser after the formula, but that's not feasible for many many reasons, so I plan to offer something that I can say tastes similar to breastmilk.  Does anyone have a good recipe for making something that tastes like human milk?  I've seen it compared to almond or rice milk or to melted vanilla ice cream.   Unfortunately I no longer have the ability to make my own samples to compare with any concoctions I may come up with :)

TIA,
Marcia McCoy IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2