Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2012 00:40:01 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
mom's milk has come in and baby is now clenching furiously at the rapid flow of milk added to the unwieldy nipple size. mom says the pain makes her entire breasts ache. when she takes a break and gives the baby her milk in a bottle, she sucks so strongly, she completely collapses the nipple. i've fully informed mom about all the options as i see them at this point and promised to seek more info about the larger german nipple shields. where can we get them, does anyone have a site? she plans to try the chiropractic suggestion as well, but is prepared that it may not be an instant fix and that the nipple shields are a long shot, as well. 
my youngest is being hospitalized for 2 weeks across the country from me (at national jewish in denver, colorado) on 7/17/12. i hate to leave this mom unsupported. is there anyone who might be willing to take her on long-distance - perhaps just as phone support or possibly skyping? i don't have anyone here local i can ask. she is mainly going to need support and encouragement and an attentive eye to be sure she is not trying too hard and allowing herself to be more damaged. of course new ideas would be immensely appreciated, if they popped up! i just need a backup person, not sure mom will even need to use this option, but i've never had to leave town before and hate to think she might need someone and i didn't have a backup plan. jaye, you would be my 1st choice - is this something you ever do?
~jacqui gruttadauria, bsw
(near detroit, michigan - where 8 wks ago my 10 yo broke his leg at school, 6 wks ago we found out my 4 yo needs to be hospitalized for treatment and diagnosis out of state, 3 wks ago my 7 yo had a collision on his bike w/ a neighbor's vehicle backing out of her driveway, 2 wks ago my 6 yo leaped off the swingset and broke her arm and tonight she gashed her head and needed 2 staples and i am beginning to think i should rethink encouraging them to have active, healthy lifestyles and instead plant them in front of video games all summer w/ junk food to make them sedentary!)

*\l/**\l/*
*\l/**\l/**\l/**\l/*
It's about Love.
www.myspace.com/mummaTOwldthings

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2