Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:58:09 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (39 lines)
In light of all the recent beatings of this dead horse I thought I would pass this on, I about dead laughing, of course if it were true I would not be laughing, but this morning my deranged sense of humor has gotten the better of me!

Claim: A mixture of Enfalac baby formula and dog food caused a toddler's stomach to explode. 

Example: [Collected on the Internet, 2000] 

I'm a long-time journal reader, and I know that a lot of the journallers I read have just had babies. So I have to pass along this warning. My aunt works at the emergency room at the Children's Hospital in Los Angeles. 

Well, a few weeks ago a woman came in with her six month old daughter, probably the sickest baby she'd ever seen. The doctors examined her and thought she might have appendicitis, so they sent her for an ultrasound. 

Well, the minute they pressed on her belly, the baby stopped screaming and died right there. She died instantly. Everybody was horrified, and the poor mother was nearly out of her mind. 

So they did an exam to try and find out what happened, because the doctors had never seen anything like this before. When they did the exam, they discovered that the baby's stomach had exploded!! They took a lot of samples, and when the results came back, nobody could believe it. 

It turns out that the mom had given her baby Enfalac baby formula, and put her on the floor to play while she caught up on her housework. Well, the baby crawled over and was chewing on a little bit of leftover dog food when she got sick and started crying. 

It turns out that Enfalac is still being tested, and it says right on the can not to mix it with penalathelyne phosphate, which is in about every single dog food there is. Nobody ever even imagined that the two could get mixed together, but they did, and the result was just a tragedy. 

I heard that the mother is suing Enfalac right now, and that maybe the police are going to charge them with something, but everybody wants to keep it quiet. I just couldn't live with myself if I did that, so please, please don't buy Enfalac baby formula. It comes in a pink and blue can, with the name spelled out in yellow ribbons. Please pass this on! Don't let this happen again!!! 

PLEASE don't pass it on, it's a hoax, but I thought it was too weird a concept to keep to myself.

Melisa
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Did you hear? Breast is Best!
Certified Lactation Counselor
IBCLC Exam Candidate
Homeopathic Counselor in training
www.nurturingmama.com  

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2