Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2012 13:55:46 +0100
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (43 lines)
Dear Liz,

Thank you very much for the explanation. 

I´ve just  understood that  when I asked for the article I was violating the copyright laws. I ´m sorry.

Yours faithfully

Adeina Garcia , Rn, IBCLC, 
LLL leader Spain.

El 12/12/2012, a las 13:17, Elizabeth Brooks escribió:

> A request is made for Lactnet subscribers to please send a Journal of Human Lactation copyright-protected article to the inquirer.
> 
> Thank you Cindy Curtis, for finding and sharing the link to a similarly-titled article, from an **open access** journal, that may be of use to the inquirer.  The notion behind open access is that anyone, anywhere, can download full articles.  Whoo Hoo for that.
> 
> Most academic journals do retain full copyright protections.  That means:  if you intend to "reproduce, distribute, perform, display or license" an article YOU HAVE TO GET JHL/Sage (publisher) PERMISSION FIRST.  Making a copy of an article, and giving it to your buddies at work or here on Lactnet, is a copyright violation.
> 
> And no, it is NOT a "fair use" (called "fair dealing" in some countries) for you to make "just one copy" for your buddies at work or here on Lactnet.  Please note that fair use is a **defense** to a **violation** of copyright law.
> 
> There is a very convenient form you can use to seek permission for authorized use of a JHL article ... it is here: http://intl-jhl.sagepub.com/content/24/4.toc.
> 
> And might I suggest .... why not just join ILCA?  ILCA members receive -- free, as a benefit of ILCA membership -- not only the print version of their excellent journal JHL, but on-line access to every full article ever printed in any JHL.  Remember: You cannot be making copies yourself for your buddies at work or on Lactnet ... but you will have access of your own, every day, to some of the most highly-esteemed lactation-related research on the planet.
> -- 
> Liz Brooks JD IBCLC FILCA
> ILCA President (2012-14) and conference speaker about copyright law and ethics
> Wyndmoor, PA, USA
> 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2