Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2011 20:08:29 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
I was offered a Calma teat by the Medela Rep to try out. I asked a mom with twins to test it. The one I tried was a prototype. I liked the idea. I know they have changed the bottle since I "tested" it. It pulls apart easily enough to clean. Here's what I didn't like: the price for one, very expensive. I also didn't like the mechanism at the time. As an adult I found it very hard to suck anything out of it. As well, the twins who used it didn't feed great with it. Again, I played around with a prototype. I wasn't convinced enough to spend that kind of money on it, I find a bottle liner system for around $3 to be very effective in helping babies suck vs. chew at the bottle. The Medela rep is going to show me the final version with bells and whistles in the next few weeks, I am interested enough to listen, though I did tell her at that price it would be a hard sell. I am very curious as to what research they have done. I guess we'll all wait and see, and maybe the BFAR/Lowmilksupply.org people are doing some more bottle research???  (nudge nudge...)

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2