Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 2011 20:35:04 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
I happened to catch the TV show Law and Order SVU last night and I promise this is breastfeeding related. To give a quick synopsis, a young couple had their 3 or 4 month old baby in bed with them and mom woke up and found baby dead. She panicked and believed she had rolled over on the baby thus causing the death. She and her boyfriend buried the baby and then set things up to look like there had been a kidnapping or car jacking.  The savvy investigators get to the bottom of it and guilty mom tells them where the body is.  The coroner does her exam, sees no signs of abuse or neglect, no suffocation or evidence of overlaying and determines that it is a true SIDS. Mom has told investigators that she placed baby to sleep on her back.  Coroner states in her report that baby was not breastfed and that mother smokes, the inference of course being that lack of breastfeeding  and maternal smoking were the risk factors for SIDS, NOT bed sharing.  My gosh the writers did their homework and got it right. I was blown away! Oh and the young couple were not charged with anything and were released.

Kathy Boggs, RN, IBCLC 

Sent from my iPad

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2