Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2016 00:16:35 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
Hello all,
I have been a LACTNET reader for a few years now and have enjoyed the wisdom and knowledge throughout that time.  First time posting here and would love some input with this case.  I am posting with moms permission...  Quickly after birth baby was diagnosed with an SVT - Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome.  He was put on meds and is currently taking 1.2ml of propranolol (20mg/5ml) 4x daily and this changes every so often based on baby's weight.  Baby has always been a great nurser, gaining well, and over all healthy other than the SVT.  Mom has been seeing a consultant about vasospasm and is currently taking 250mg of magnesium, 1000 IU vitamin D, and 500mg of Calcium.  She immediately applies warm compresses after feedings and has also done warm olive oil.  Mom claims these remedies only provide very temporary relief and reports to have severe pain sensitive to cold/wind/ a draft etc.  The next step is to start Nimodipine.  So the concern for this mama is would enough of her medication get to the baby via breastmilk, mix with the medications baby is already taking, and have a negative outcome.  The research I have found so far only has to do with an adult taking both Nimodipine and propranolol and it says they can be taken together but amounts may have to be adjusted.  This is not my client just a good friend asking me to do a little research for her.  She is very worried about the effects this could have on here little one but is also searching for some relief from her pain.  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Lindsey Law, IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2