Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 10:47:45 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
I am way behind on my Lactnet reading so please forgive me if the thread has moved on to other subjects. I believe that when we are bashing the people in charge of jury duty we need to realize that they spend much time with folks who don't want to serve jury duty for all kinds of reasons. (I have never heard of anyone volunteering to serve, only complaining when they are chosen to do so.) I had a breastfeeding mother ask me for info on getting out of jury duty due to breastfeeding,  and she was working fulltime and leaving her child in day care while at work!   One of the reasons we can speak our opinions so freely here on Lactnet is our right to "freedom of speech". Along with this right comes some obligations, one of which is jury duty. We can exercise our "right to vote" and take the chance on being selected for jury duty. If you don't register to vote you won't get selected anyway, so that would make breastfeeding mothers a non-issue. (Actually, I was excused from jury duty two times while my babies were
 small and still breastfeeding.)

Holly McSpadden IBCLC
Savannah, Georgia

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2