Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 2011 19:56:28 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (30 lines)
R-CERP's, A's I understand it, are "related" CERPs. Educational, but not necessarily lactation-specific. 

And, with all due respect, I've never met anyone who's "had enough" ethics training. There is always a new angle to approach things from, always a new way of thinking about things. 

Now, I've been mostly silent about this topic, because I must admit my feelings aren't that strong in either direction, but:

I've begun work toward a Master of Public Health, because I want to work in policy with regard to maternal/child health and nutrition, and I'll stand a better chance at that with a credential. 

The MPH is expensive, more than I can afford. (I got a scholarship and am getting other aid that's a huge paperwork nightmare every semester but $11,000 over 3 years is worth it, I think?)

The MPH is time-consuming. I have 3 young children and a full-time job. It's going to take me longer to complete the requirements for the MPH than it might take someone else. I do my schoolwork at night, after the chores are done and the children are asleep. 

There are classes in my MPH program that will not be directly applicable to the work I'm seeking to do. I have to pay for these classes and devote many hours to their successful completion, because the credentialing body for public health programs has determined these courses will make me a better prepared "master" in the field. 

I might not agree with the credentialing body, but I want the credential, so I'm going to do what it takes to acquire/earn it. 

Respectfully,
Diana Cassar-Uhl
Mom, musician, Army Sergeant, LLL Leader, and IBCLC ... MPH hopeful and heaven only knows what else someone is going to tell me I can't do and I'll do anyway

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2